- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
- Who are we?
The CQSA (“the Association”) is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- Membership requirements
To be a member of the CQSA, we require you to provide personal information to us in order that we may administer your continuing membership of the Association. As a minimum, this is:
- Your full name;
- Your Address;
- Your e-mail address;
- Your current business position (or when working if retired) - i.e. Partner, Director, etc.;
- Your current business name (if applicable);
- Your Work status, i.e. Working, Semi-Retired, Retired;
- Your Professional Sector i.e. Quantity Surveyor, Project Manager, Building Surveyor, Architect, Contractor, etc.; and
- A telephone contact number.
If you do not provide this information, you will not be able to be a member of the CQSA.
- How do we process your personal data?
The Club complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer membership records;
- To administer attendance at our Meetings;
- To maintain our own accounts and CQSA membership records;
- To maintain a Directory of member, which is available solely to other CQSA members; and
- To inform you of news, meetings and other events and activities run by the Club or organised by others that we believe may interest you.
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Your explicit consent to us using your personal data for the purposes above; and
- Processing is necessary for carrying out administration of the CQSA and where applicable our legal obligations.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the Club in order to carry out the purposes above. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
- How long do we keep your personal data
We keep data until we believe you no longer wish to be involved with the purposes above or you tell us you no longer want us to hold it.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Association holds about you;
- The right to request that the Association corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Association to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, known as the right to data portability, (where applicable);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable); and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- Changes to this privacy notice
If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will make this clear on our website (cqsa.co.uk/privacy-policy) or if you are a member of the CQSA we will notify you directly.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, raise queries or make complaints please in the first instance contact the CQSA Secretary at email@example.com
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email by clicking here or by post to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the current address being available via their website by here.